Sunday, November 7, 2010

Schoenberg at Fat Louies, Brisbane

I dragged myself out of my sick bed to see Schoenberg's first live gig, and I think that those present saw something pretty special on Saturday night; aside from the string breakage in the first two minutes of the opening track, they were tight as a nun's vagina, reproducing some very technical riff work and drums. Everyone appeared relaxed and played together well; vocalist Colin Cadell paced the floor, screaming his heart out, and they even chucked in a one minute drum solo for Nelson (which he undertook with great skill, dexterity & energy...more, please) I reckon these fellas could go a long way, providing they keep their shit together. A top gig only ruined by my relapse into sickness as a result of not staying in bed...
Anyways, here's an interview that I did with Colin on Friday, the day before the gig:

No comments:

Post a Comment